Nightmare Food Poisoning Illness Stories

Real life stories from the news and readers.

Not What You're Looking For? Try Our Customized Food Safety Search

We want to hear your story!
From Linny in Australia:

“My worst food experience was about 15 years ago in a Chinese restaurant in Sydney, when both I and a friend suffered food poisoning from Campylobacter in undercooked and reheated duck. It wasn't until a few days later that I was taken ill, and I didn't make the connection between the duck and my illness. My friend however just happened to be a microbiologist, and was quick to identify and report the problem to the relevant authorities.”

From Sinead in Canada:

“I used to work in a hotel. The chefs there used to go to the toilet, sit in there and do their business while having a smoke, come out, and not wash their hands! Not good!”
From Bunkie in Texas:

“True story. The worst bout of food poisoning I’ve ever had came after I ate a corn dog while pre-gaming. That night I threw up a small village onto the shoulder of I-75. I blame Oklahoma for my suffering.”

From IANS news in India:

(October 17th) Bhubaneswar, India. “More than 50 people, including women and children, fell sick after eating rice at a religious festival in a village in Orissa's Mayurbhanj district, an official said Saturday.”

We want to hear from you! Share your food poisoning story.

To check out's home page, click here.

See unbelievable health department inspection stories.

Learn how you can get sick from food.